It’s that age in life where even if you say you don’t want a boyfriend, and the boy you’re hooking-up with says he wants to be your boyfriend, you will obviously respond “OK!” If you are reading this and say to yourself “that is so false” then you need to do a reevaluation of your life and get your act together. I’m going to assume if you’re reading this, you don’t have a boyfriend (since if you have one, you know what you’re doing and do not need to read advice on how to get one). With that being said, here are some tips to getting a “hottie with a body” (or just an average Joe will do).
1. Don’t look for one. Everyone knows the number one rule to finding a boyfriend, is to stop being desperate and on the hunt. The way to find one, is to stop looking and let life run its course.
2. Don’t give out on the first date. Class is key, and especially in college when guys can easily have a one-night-stand with one of the girls that claim they are not looking for a boyfriend, he will respect you more, and like you more if you keep it classy.
3. Go for someone who is not already in a relationship. It will probably be easy to find that requirement, since it’s college and most people do not want to be exclusive with someone, but knowing luck, you could be the lucky gal that finds the boy already in a relationship.
4. Don’t be afraid to make the first move. The guy may be nervous about getting rejected, and therefore will act shy. We live in a modern society, take advantage of that. No boy is perfect. ALWAYS remember that. This means when on the hunt, don’t put anyone on a pedestal. Everyone has flaws, and no one will make the perfect boyfriend (although some will definitely come closer).
5. Know that wearing a RENT THE RUNWAY dress whenever passing cute boys gives you a greater chance of catching their attention and therefore dating them.
Hopefully these tips will help you land a great guy that will be perfect for date parties, formals, and just hanging out. The hunt may be a long process, but so worth it in the end, so don’t give up too easily. Keep your head up tall (and pretty) and soon enough one will land right into your lap.
Huh. I wasn’t aware that this was still the 50s and that we all need to “hunt” around to “find a man”.
The opener for this article is just plain offensive!
“It’s that age in life where even if you say you don’t want a boyfriend, and the boy you’re hooking-up with says he wants to be your boyfriend, you will obviously respond “OK!”
Not if you don’t actually want to date him and just like making out with/hooking you with him. Not everyone is super desperate to “catch a man”. Ugh.
“If you are reading this and say to yourself “that is so false” then you need to do a reevaluation of your life and get your act together.”
What does that even mean? Are you implying that if someone’s top priority in life isn’t a boyfriend that they need to “get their act together”? that is just laughable. Maybe whoever wrote this article needs to reevaluate their life and realize that not everyone bases their entire life’s happiness and success around being in a relationship. Maybe someone wants to or is made happy by focusing on school, their career, their friends and life goals and don’t want or need to depend on men (or any significant other).
How about giving actually good advice like, focus on yourself and what you love and the things you enjoy doing and being secure and happy without a romantic relationship (with a man or otherwise, this article is also incredibly hetero-normative)because if you work on making yourself the best you can be you are more likely to find someone who likes you for you and is interested in you because you are doing interesting things with your life. #1 on this list is the best advice in the whole thing.
Also, have sex whenever you want to. If some stupid boy is less likely to date you because you are doing the EXACT SAME THING he is (sex on the first date) then he is a hypocrite and sexist and why would you want to date him anyway?
Advice #3, 4 and 5 are actually not bad, but the last one is just a stupid ad.
UGH. This article is just…AWHBWALBAWHJLGAJWHVDWGJVFAHBAWDJKNAWFGJAWVFHBAWBH.